Congratulations to all the winners at the IWSC Awards Banquet 2012 at Guildhall
15 Nov 2012 | admin account
The International Wines & Spirit Competition Awards Banquet 2012 was held at Guildhall last night.
Guests enjoyed a five-course dinner with a wine with each serving:
1. Rabbit and Prune Ravioli, served with Wehlener Sonneuhr Riseling Auslese 2010 (Germany).
2. The second course of Ceviche of Bream, Scallops and Razor Clams was complemented by StellenRust 47 Chenin Blanc 2011 (South Africa)
3. The main course was Poached Tournedos of English Rose Veal topped with Tempura Tomatoes served on a Colcannon of Potato, Leek and Parsnip, which was married with Valli Gibbston Vineyard Pinot Noir 2010 (New Zealand).
4. A platter of Brie de Meaux and Mature Two Year Old Cheddar was enjoyed with Fig and Scotch Whiskey Chutney, which went with a Ozlaide Shiraz 2008 (Australia).
5. Plum Tart Tatin on Vanilla Ice Cream and Caramel was the dessert, which went beautifully with the glowing bronze amber Old Boys 21 Year Old Barrel Aged Tawny from Australia.
Guests in the Great Hall in Guildhall after their cheese course.