Perfect Pumpkin Soup Recipe
20 Oct 2017 | PI Sales
We love Autumn here at PI, the season brings in an abundance of tasty produce and a firm favourite of ours is a hearty pumpkin soup. Our recipe is perfect as a starter at a dinner party or a light supper when you need a little comfort.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1kg of pumpkin (or squash)
-700ml of vegetable stock
-150ml of double cream
Optional: Serve with a dollop of cream and crusty bread.
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, then gently cook the onions for 5 mins, until soft but not coloured.
2. Add the pumpkin or squash to the pan, then carry on cooking for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally until it starts to soften and turn golden.
3. Pour the stock into the pan and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins until the squash is very soft.
4. Pour the double cream into the pan, bring back to the boil, then purée with a hand blender. For an extra-velvety consistency you can pour the soup through a fine sieve. The soup can now be frozen for up to 2 months.